Friday, July 16, 2010

Daydreaming

Alright, I'll admit that sometimes Design*Sponge has some crazy shiznit but today there were a number of kitchen ideas that I am liking a lot. Now I'm not saying I want these kitchens. Just pieces really. And here's why:


White cabinets with a black/dk grey counter top. Oh, and also the channeled glass on the cabinets in the background.


Micro-subway tile backsplash with puck lighting under cabinets. C'est magnifique, non?


Again, white cabinets, but with farm sink and cup pulls. Open shelves are nice too..though it may require the purchase of new dishes...
But we already have the exposed tongue and groove walls, so it's partially done.



...and then there's this. Now this may be the control freak in me...but this is THE DEFINITION of what I want our pantry to look like. Even better if it's a pantry/hallway with a small prep area in it. This will be fuel for our trip to Austin and The Container Store in a couple of weeks. Lolly will probably want to kill me. Also, those aren't terrible looking light fixtures either.

Sigh. I can dream, right? Papa will be back from Europe in a week and after that, we'll start taking inventory, measurements, and begin the design for the new cabinets! Words cannot express how excited I am to get this project underway again. It'll be a slow process but when it's done I'm going to want to cook and be in the kitchen even more!


No comments:

Post a Comment