Friday, July 31, 2009

time for a little change

Lolly & I have recently been getting bored with our house and looking to make some little improvements. We've adopted a new color for the door: deep eggplant. Yes, our house will now have on it yellow, green, and purple. NO. It is absolutely NOT a mardi gras house. Not at all. Trust me, I tested it. The eggplant color is the perfect complement to the dark green trim color, yet contrasts in a fun way for an inviting front door. Do I work for southern living? I sound like I think I do.


Anyways...we've decided our next task, upon completion of painting, will be to take out a wall. Ambitious, huh? Well, we originally wanted to move the wall further into the diningroom, but have decided that would be costly and require that we replace ALL of our cabinets. Lots of cost for only 3 extra feet in the kitchen. SO not worth it. So we're going to turn the remaining half of that wall into a pass-through complete with bar. See image below:


Should be a fun reno!

Progress photos to come as the renovation begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment