Monday, April 6, 2009

Refreshed

A weekend away always does the trick.


Spending a good day with tons of friends out in the country eating crawfish and talking about nothing imporant and anything fun is just what I needed. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, the beer was flowing, the crawfish were hot & spicy, and the fellowship was by far the BEST part. Not only did we get to spend a good amount of our time relaxing, but Bebe got to meet the group and mom & dad stopped by for a bite to eat then went on to take the rugrat home with them for her first night away. I was almost worried about not having her near for a night, but quickly remembered mom & dad raised us, so Bebe would be fine.


Meanwhile, the weather is again gorgeous today and all the plants at the house are doing really well....except for these stubborn tomatoes that refuse to grow. Little do they know they're coming out this afternoon in favor of some shiny new ones that look like they're ready to do some growing! Better Boy & Yellow tomatoes! I cant wait to see what these yellows will do! The okra's not doing so hot either...some stupid stray cat keeps knocking them over. I think I'm gonna have to block that area off from kitty before he pisses me off too much. I still have yet to plant eggplant or basil. Can't wait for saturday's market to get some more fresh plants & produce. I tell you, being in my garden is good for the soul. It refreshes me to see my hard work pay off in the form of blooms, fruit, and savory herbs. Speaking of which. Is it 5 yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment