Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The gift of wonder

Every morning, I wake up just a little groggy. Not enough sleep again..even if it's 8 or 9 hours. I assume that's the way it works when you get older, huh?
But every morning, I get to watch bebe's wake up routine. First, she opens the eyes slightly, then WIDE OPEN. Immediately, she greets me with a huge grin and a little giggle followed by the cutest little stretch and eye rub this earth has ever seen. True contentment is hard to find. This is where it lies. We get her out of bed, change the diaper, then it's breakfast time!

The morning bottle is a wonderful thing. It soothes, calms, and nourishes. It's time for a burp. I love burping bebe. When I put her to my chest with her head on my shoulder, I can see up close the look of sheer wonder in her eyes as she looks through the linen shades out the window to the world waiting for her to discover. The look of constant searching and learning is heart warming and at times, could almost bring me to tears.

It's exciting and bone crushingly agonizing to think of all the things those innocent eyes will see in their lifetime. I look forward every day to what will be new for her and for us. The journey continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment