Wednesday, March 25, 2009

poop

Just having one of those weeks where things are a little off. Poop is the theme for the week. Or Crap. Or merde (en francais). Or just plain shit. Not only have I been shat on 3 times this week, but it's gotten on the couch, my clothes, and in my nostrils...yuck. Green. Guacamole in color and texture. But I love my little bit so much, it's almost acceptable...almost.

And then there are the plumbing issue. A toilet at work that REFUSES to not leak. Despite being re-set a number of times. Now mr. penguin decides we'll just "leave it, since it's an old building and all." That's a great idea except there's f'n water all over the place. Any other good ideas in there genius. I'd love to hear em! Oh yeah, and then there's the sink and faucet. mimosa's mom got me an incredible faucet and sink worth nearly $1K combined for F R E E. Not a bad deal huh? Nothing is that simple. The faucet had to have 29834239478 different converters b/c apparently ELKAY is some foreign language for "make your life miserable. oh yeah and spit out water too sometimes..." It's finally installed, after 4 trips to home depot and lowes, one to the neighboring hardware store, and one to coburn's (which finally helped me). Then the sink. ohhh...the sink. Very nice. Stainless steel even. But a PAIN IN THE ASS. Had to move pipes b/c the sink is bigger than the old one, which is DEFINITELY a bonus, but a pain nevertheless. Then the clips that come on 90% of sinks in the friggin world don't work on this one. nope. i have to have a special kind of clip. Thanks Moen! The search continues for those, so 3 days later...our kitchen is still dissheveled..despite only needing to install a measly sink. It's gonna look great when it's done. If i dont burn the house down first.

To top it all off, my Lolly is sick. Really sick. On top of her stomach issues, today she's home b/c she's a spewing machine...must be a day bug. I certainly hope it is, b/c she has no vacation time and so she gets no pay. Overtime for me i guess! And dont even get me started on work...

1 comment:

  1. yea sounds like a bad day... it will pass... but "leave it, its an old building" - is that really a solution? Sounds like the solution to turn small problems into big ones...

    ReplyDelete