Thursday, May 16, 2013

Shed time. STORAGE!

It finally happened.  A real update!

About a month ago, we finally made the decision to pull the trigger on the shed.  It was PAST time.  The old one had significant termite damage, has had a tree fall on it and the roof pealed back in the last hurricane.  Don't get me wrong, the little POS served it's purpose and far outlived its useful lifespan.  It was just time to say goodbye.  8x10 wasn't cutting it anymore.  

The first weekend, we cut down the crape myrtle behind it and emptied out the shed.  Dad took everything back to Plaucheville where it still sits.

Over the next 2 weeks, I tore the shed down myself.  So easy when it was the cheapest thing going.  Back in '82.

Seeing the shed gone made me giddy as a school girl.  Had to move the ginger and the parsley hawthorne (which didn't survive the move). Grr.

Lumber arriving was better than Christmas.  God bless Lowe's delivery.

The foundation and base was the most tedious, time consuming part.  Dad rocks.

I had to work all day friday, so my work horse of a dad did all of this BY HIMSELF.  In less than 8 hours.  

Saturday's progress was awesome!

By midday sunday, we had 3 walls, window and doors.

The back has a drop roof and will have shutters around it to enclose lawn equipment.  This gets all the yardwork stuff out of my woodworking space!

I even got ladder hangers to keep the ladders on the north side, also out of the way.

I hurriedly put some of the front on so we could host Emmy's 2nd birthday party and the kids wouldn't feel compelled to play with all of the equipment inside.

Hard to tell, but those are plexiglass windows.  I know.

Here is the latest progress.  I ran out of boards, which I will be going to pick up at lunch.  Things that remain:
1.  3 windows above the door.
2.  Paint all exposed wood (dark green)
3.  Paint doors (dark purple)
4.  Corner galvanized trim pieces.
5.  Rafter straps.
6.  Wire the whole dang thing.
7.  Gravel porch & swing
8.  FINISH the inside.

Lots left to do, but just seeing this thing here makes me more than happy!  Can't wait to have a party there.  




No comments:

Post a Comment