Tuesday, August 10, 2010

nothing fancy


So I've put off working on the desk again...

I decided today as I walked past remnant pieces that I will not be reusing that I'll get pop's good sander when we head to P-town this weekend. I'll probably steal some clamps while I'm there too. That'll be my inspiration for getting my keester in gear on that one. The sander will also help in some areas that I have to do spot sanding and re-painting on the house b/c the last owner did a crap-tastic job. So until then I'm sorta stalled. Gotta go buy the primer and 3 different colors of paint...maybe tomorrow or Thursday. We'll see.

Interesting new development: the chickens now hop up onto the gate of their pen. So...big fat FAIL in clipping the wings b/c they can still jump up 4 feet. Time to find another method of keeping the little buggers in their pen/coop.

Oh, before I go, here's a little taste of a project that will be complete once I get my paint (3 months in the making no less):

Pop having waaay too much fun with a jackhammer.



The token rotten beam typical of a 70+ yr old home.


Day 1 complete steps...sans concrete at base.



3 months later, after concrete has cured and wood has too.
New stucco on the bricks and enough caulk to patch the Titanic.

No comments:

Post a Comment