Tuesday, November 10, 2009

full steam ahead!

I've got renewed hutspa (sp???)! I've decided that now is the time to get all the little pieces of the kitchen DONE. Here's my list:

-steel wool and re-varnish all woodwork
-putty and paint cabinets that were re-worked
-finish crown molding - set nail heads, caulk, etc.
-caulk remaining cracks in bead board
-put final coat on walls
-repaint all kitchen trim, including bar
-varnish pass-through top
-replace hidden door hinges & catch
-repaint ceilings
-paint dining room


These are all things NOBODY notices when they come into the house, but it drives me berserk.
So I, Justin, do solemnly swear to finish this crap before the holidays get here! Otherwise, who knows when that'll happen huh?

4 comments:

  1. Did you have a productive weekend? Did you get lots done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a bunch done!
    -Crown Molding
    -puttying and sanding
    -painted diningroom
    -caulked some cracks (decided to wait til winter ends and caulk all)
    -cut grass
    -planted new shrubs
    -cleaned up back yard
    -put some stuff up for sale on craigslist
    -got all of allie's stuff down from the attic for organizational purposes

    Tonite, painting the final coat in the kitchen, then some trim painting. by the end of the week, i should be DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in awe. Such discipline! Now post photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, they're coming. As soon as I finish framing and hanging some prints I took...I'll be posting.

    ReplyDelete